Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our New House - Sewing room/sun room

(the door above leads out onto our back patio. The window directly above my boxes leads into the front room)

I'm really excited to finally have a room set aside for sewing. This room is off our living room/front room. There are also windows along every wall. I love all the natural light in the room, but it makes it a bit tricky to place furniture and fabric (the sun isn't good on fabric if left out). I'm still in the process of finding some inclosed shelves for my fabric/projects and a desk for Logan to study in. We figure that I'll be spending a lot of time in here sewing and when Logan studies we'll want to be in the same room as each other. So we need to find a desk for him to study on and place it in the room somewhere.
(the door on the right leads into our front room)


Last week we had a little plastic house set up for Brennan to play in. He told me that he wanted to take it down the other day so we did. This room will also have Brennan's little table and chairs and toys in to keep him busy while I'm busy. I hope that works out okay.

I'm really excited to paint the room as well. I'm thinking a dark plum. I hope I can pull it off because of all the light in the room. We need to decide what our front room color will be to make sure the sewing room/sun room will not clash - since you'll be able to see the sun room from the front room.

1 comment: