Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hartford Half Marathon - round two

My sister and I drove to Hartford CT this past weekend to run the Hartford ING Half Marathon for the second year in a row. It's always fun to run the same race twice to try for a better time and see the course again. This year Logan and my boys stayed home and didn't have to be drug along. Once again Logan (and great friends) was super great to let me go. I tell you, our boys sure love him and love any extra time they can get with him. 

This year was colder than last year. The race morning started out at 27 outside. It was maybe 38/40 by the time we finished at 10am. It was actually perfect. I wore shorts with a tank top and long sleeve shirt. My sister gave me her gloves walking to the starting line because I forgot mine. I have circulation issues with my fingers in the cold. They go numb and turn blue and then start to hurt (Raynauds?) I was so happy to wear the gloves because I wore them the whole time. I didn't even need to take my long sleeve shirt off. When we ran into shade areas there was a slight breeze and frost still on the grass. It was perfect running conditions! Not too hot or cold.

13,000 people run the marathon, half marathon, and a 5k. I love that there are so many people because, as a runner, you are always surrounded by people. You pass people you get passed. It's great to have a constant slow of people around you. 
Some of my favorite races have 10,000 + people running in them. (Crazy Legs)

 Taken by the ING photographers somewhere along the race.

Race photo. LOTS of people!!!



1 comment:

  1. That is a ton of people, cool though. Did Jana ditch you at the beginning or did you and your little belly keep up with her?

    ReplyDelete