Sunday, July 22, 2012

NYC

My sister and her family came to NY a few days before the rest of my family got here. I went into NYC with them for the weekend. One of my older nieces watched my boys and Beth's youngest daughter Friday while Logan was at work and then Logan watched them Saturday and Sunday. When we got home Sunday night my brother and his family were there! It was a great start to a fun family reunion.

Since I didn't bring my camera along these pictures are from my phone. There are only a few of our trip. Fun nonetheless. :)
Here's the apartment we stayed in. It was a great place! 

Magnolia's Bakery. I'm not into cupcakes - give me a brownie any day - but we were in Grand Central Station and had to stop by. We ended up getting one. Who could resist?
Grand Central. What a beautiful building! I would have loved to see it right after it was built with busy train travelers walking about the station. Today is no different and with buses, subways, and trains the station is never asleep.

United Nations building. Grand Assembly Hall. We happened to go the day there was an international choir concert.

 Lady Liberty.

Ground Zero Memorial Fountains (only one of them in this picture obviously). We met some men who were on the clean up scene from September 2001 to January 2002. SWAT team, I believe? This was the first time back for both of them. Emotions were so high they couldn't bring themselves to come back until that day. It was pretty neat to hear their accounts. The one speaking most had goose bumps all over his skin. It was intense.

Central Park. This day was. so. HOT.  it was in the 90's with high humidity. My sister and her family live in California and are used to 100+ weather. The humidity mixed in was even hot for them! It was gross. We decided to take a joint into FAO Schwartz so we wouldn't die of heat exhaustion.

The famous large piano.

 LEGO's!!!
 Pretty awesome sculptures.



Logan was sweet enough to stay with these little ones. Thanks again Logan!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to see NYC. It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Since we are in Cincinnati this summer, I was really hoping to make it back to New York, but it does not look like it will happen this summer. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete