Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Crazy October

October came and went. We had something major going on every weekend and during the week as well.

We started the month out with General Conference . Logan and I did a lot of painting while we listened to the speakers. We painted trim around Trevor's room and the windows in Brennan's room.

Logan has been working on the garage all month long. He installed an electric garage door opener on the right door. He's been putting lots of hours out there when we can. It's finished now and we're able to park our car inside.

I planned a birthday party for Brennan this year with friends. Making sure things were ready for that took some time and planning. That same weekend my sister Beth flew out, from California, to take my sister's family pictures (Jana's). Since she came all this way we drove to Jana's to visit, see Beth, and have her take our family pictures as well. That was a busy week.

The following week I was trying to finish more lunch bags from my Etsy Shop . I had another large order for a lady. She actually bought them at a cheaper rate to sell in her shop in Tacoma Washington. This is the first time I've done "wholesale" and am not sure if I'll do it again. It was an interesting experience. Being super busy this month didn't help. I sewed and packed for our trip to Hartford Connecticut.

Jana and I ran the half marathon in Hartford on Saturday. Logan took Friday off work and we drove 5 hours to CT. The race was fun and I felt I was well trained. I was one minute shy of my goal time so I was pretty happy. I will definitely do this distance again in a race. I've always wanted to run a marathon, but after running this race I may just stick to half marathons and try to improve upon my time? We'll see. Next year Jana and I want our husbands to run it with us. Logan's knee has been bothering him again so he didn't end up running.

Maria, Logan's sister arrived the Monday after we got home from Connecticut. She stayed for two days. She was on the east coast for a wedding and visiting friends so it was great to have her stop by. Logan mom came three days after Maria left.

Julienne was so much fun to have visit our new home. We showed her around the area a bit and enjoyed her wonderful cooking. She also helped me paint some alphabet letters for Brennan's room (a post for another day).

Logan's mom came to visit and stay with Brennan while I went to California for my "Sister's Weekend". I took Trevor and flew to southern California to be with all of my sisters for four and a half days. It was a wonderful escape to laugh, cry, and be silly with my sisters. I look forward to this weekend every year.

While I was gone I missed the adventures Logan and Brennan enjoyed. Logan took Brennan camping with the Young Men in our ward. It was 32 degrees the night they went. Brennan loved it! He enjoyed the fire, the tent and the sleeping bag. But at 2am he did not enjoy being in a tent. He woke up in his night terror mode and so Logan packed everything up and headed home. The next day was our ward Halloween party. Brennan wore his robot suit and walked from car to car during the "trunk or treat" part to get candy. What kid wouldn't enjoy that part?

Since I was gone on Halloween Brennan went to a friends for the day while Logan was at work. He enjoyed a second evening of trick or treating with his friend and Logan joined them after work. He went to bed around 8pm only to have Logan wake him up at 11:30pm to come and get Trevor and I at the airport. He slept the whole way there and on the way home was a bit sad. He went to bed well after eating one of his lolly pops from that night.

Today is the first day of November and I feel like summer and fall have raced by. This was just a touch of our October events. We were busy with entertaining two boys daily and enjoying the fall weather outside with playing at the park across from our house and going on many stroller (for the boys) runs.

In two weeks we'll be heading to South Carolina to enjoy our Thanksgiving holiday. Until then we're trying to get projects done and enjoy our new home.

3 comments:

  1. You've been so busy! I'm glad that Logan has been around so much--What a blessing to be able to get so much done while he's still a resident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really have been busy! Maybe that is why I haven't seen you around much. :)

    ReplyDelete