Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mexico - Chichen Itza

 The sun shadow showing the snake climb down the tower. Snake head pictured below.

 2000 stripping warriors? Tower of warriors.

 Our hotel on the Chichen Itza property. It was pretty cute - old Mexican style.


 Hanging out at night. Checking out a page from the hotel book of the area we were visiting.

Our guide from Chichen Itza was from Alma Tours - and LDS tour company. We took our guide and his family out to eat. Or should I say he showed us a very "local" place. It was fun to meet his wife and 4 year old son while eating dinner among his friends/extended family. The restaurant was so local it didn't have a sign up at all. It was on a residential street and only known to locals. The meal cost was a true Mexican rate - not some jacked up price because foreigners were eating there. Our meal for 6 people with 3 entrees each (yes, we tried many things) cost just under $30 (large tip included). $5 each! That's what I'm talking about. I had the best lime soup I've ever tried. I do have to say the "local" food might have caused some minor stomach issues with all of us. It's probably the fresh lettuce on the top? I think we could have been more cautions, but it wasn't too bad. Definitely noticeable though and no doubt from this meal.

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, Heather! I'm so glad you guys were able to do it before Hazel arrived. I can't wait to see pictures of her, and hear about the birth, by the way. :) You look fabulous as well. You've inspired me to take a vacay before my #3 arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love seeing old Book of mormon type structures and can picture King Noah up there pleading for his life.

    ReplyDelete