Monday, August 15, 2011

Half Marathon in October

Logan and I have decided to run the ING Hartford Half Marathon on October 15th!

I really was shooting for the full marathon. I started running 2 and a half weeks after Trevor was born to get back into running shape to complete a marathon this fall/late summer. Our move across the country was the biggest setback. I wasn't prepared for nasty humid hot weather! We have no air conditioning or a shower to conveniently shower off in (i.e. bathroom renovation project), I stopped running. I didn't run for 7 weeks!! June 18th was the last day I ran until last week, August 10th. I'm finally back into the groove of things - which is so much easier since the weather has cooled off a bit in the evenings and mornings to run in.

Logan went running tonight for the first time since June 18th! It was nice to have him running again since we both plan on running.

We took Brennan and Trevor to the park to play while we took turns running on the track. The elementary school play ground is right by the high school/football field/track. It was a family affair tonight. Brennan loves to run on the track and cheer on his dad! He ran the opposite way as Logan around the track for one lap. Logan would pass Brennan every quarter lap rather since they were going opposite directions.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your race1 What a fun idea with the track. We should try that at the local high school nearby. I have started running as well a couple of weeks ago (now that my sciatic nerve pain went away, took a few weeks after giving birth). We should meet up somewhere for a race one day! I know Rhandi Orme and I plan on doing that....we should all meet up together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! Good luck on the race. . . running in the east in the summer is so impossible, huh? The house looks amazing btw! I love it. And I have to say that I'm psyched that you guys changed your blog-- I used to have to log in as Brian every time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you guys! Great idea about the track, we are definitely going to have to copy your idea, my boys would love it. I am impressed that you started running at 2 1/2 weeks. I just started working out this week (4 weeks after) and I am super sore! Good luck with the half, although marathons are a great accomplishment, the half is my favorite race by far- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- just saw Jamie's post, that of course, would be super fun! I guess we could do an East Cost Ragnar (we have Logan, Heather, Graham, Rhandi, Brent and Andrea)all within a days drive of each other, that's half of a team or an Ultra team .. . might be fun to start thinking about that or meeting up for a race.

    ReplyDelete