Sunday, April 22, 2012

Side Door


 A few Saturdays ago Logan ripped out our old side door. It was so warped over time that the top left corner didn't even close all the way. There were three locks on the door over time that had all failed because of the shifting door (the locks no longer alined). I wanted to get a picture of the door but by the time I woke up Logan had already ripped the door out!! Here's the open space.
 Inside our house. All the inside molding torn out. There will be some plaster needing to be replaced. :(
 It's fun to see the layers of the wall. The outside aluminum siding, wood siding, insulation, and lath and plaster.

 The new door to the right.

 Daddy's little helper.
 Brennan enjoying lunch on the couch with a movie while Daddy worked on the door. A good place to keep him out of the way.


1 comment:

  1. Heather-- :) SO yeah, its usually me doing the handy work around the house. WHEN Chris does it, he does a good job, he just doesnt like to do it. He Dad doenst either. They call people. But growing up on a ranch, we just always do stuff ourselves. Im the one that brought any real tools into this relationship, he had a little matchy matchy tool kit with a hammer and matching screwdriver all in a nice little clean kit. Made me laugh when I saw it. But I really like www.ana-white.com. She makes things SO easy. Almost makes me look bad its so easy. She knocks off lots of potterybarn designs--like her apothacary table. I cant look at her page, it gives me too many ideas. :) But the planters I just did myself. The bed came from her, Nicole Boice showed me, the PotteryBarn Farmhouse bed.

    ReplyDelete